Saturday, May 29, 2010

I LOL'ed

from something awful:

I work in the kitchen of a hospital, and sometimes you get put on the role of delivering food to the patients. Nothing strange about that. Part of this role is you have to do an afternoon tea run, which is essentially go around a few wards offering to make tea/coffee for the patients and delivering their midmeal snack (It's prescribed by dieticians. It could be biscuits, a milkshake or anything).

Anyhoo, I walk into one of those bays of the ward with a yoghurt in my hand, ready to deliver it to bed #12. I walk on over, completely oblivious to my surroundings and put the yoghurt down on their bedside table thing. I say "Here's your yoghurt" and think the jobs done when a nurse says to me,

"She won't be needing that."

Confused, I look down at the patient and see her lying there, eyes closed, with a rose on her chest. I look to my left and notice what appears to be crying relatives and I look to my right and see a gathering of nurses. Releasing what just happened, I picked up the yoghurt, said outloud "Awkward" and left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment