Thursday, February 18, 2010

How I remember it.

...oh yeah, if there had been no internet when I was a lad I would never have done all of the amazing things I have done. We used to have to go to school early in the morning and write with chalk on boards of slate. Much better than these modern laptops, they just make you lazy. Our teacher was an ancient woman who would paddle us with the flats of her shoes if we didn't learn to use Napier's bones proper. Calculators hah! We used a system of pebbles in holes in the sand.

On our 15 mile hike home across volcanic mountains my friends and I would catch and ride the dodo's that ran wild on the road to Atlantis where we went to school. Much more fun than your segways.

Don't even get me started about the Morris dancing, You have never lived until you have clashed sticks in a Cotswold Morris dancing crew. Much more healthy than dance dance revolutions that I see all you hooligans doing in the malls and the video arcades.

I'm sure I could think of more examples but me noggin' is shot from huffing all that kerosene because we didn't have video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment